For additional information on any of the topics below, please click here.
Please click the links below to find out more information about each topic:
- Valuation of pensions
- Valuation of stock options/RSUs
- Valuation of accrued sick days
- Support payments
- Other calculations
We can assist clients in dealing with their pensions on divorce; we help our clients with their employer pension plans and their personal RRSPs. We can perform or review pension valuations for individuals who are in the divorce process and are negotiating a property settlement agreement. We can also assist clients by determining an appropriate adjustment to account for income tax.
Please read the information below and contact us if you have any questions.
Valuation of stock options and restricted stock units (RSUs)
Some employers provide stock option and/or restricted stock unit grants as part of an employee’s compensation. If stock options or restricted stock units have been granted during the period of marriage , these options/units are generally considered family property and may need to be valued. For more information, click the link below.
- Fees and the process to request a valuation of stock options or restricted stock units
- Information on the valuation of stock options and restricted stock units
Valuation of accrued sick days
Some employees receive a lump sum payment at retirement which reflects the ‘banked’ sick days during their career. In some provinces this payment may be considered to be family property. We can perform or review valuations of accrued sick days. For more information, click the link below.
- Fees and process to request a valuation of accrued sick days
- Information on the valuation of accrued sick days
We provide various services dealing with support payments. We provide the following services:
- determination or verification of the appropriate support amounts in accordance with the Child Support Guidelines and Spousal Support Advisory Guidelines.
- assistance with the determination of the appropriate income figures to be used with the Child Support Guidelines and the Spousal Support Advisory Guidelines.
- the present value of support payments in arrears (split into interest and principle components if required).
- valuation of support for the purpose of securing support with an adequate amount of life insurance.
Please click the link below for more information on our services dealing with support payments:
We also provide various other calculations that are required by clients in the process of a divorce, including:
- assessment of the amount of income that can reasonable be derived from assets, for the purpose of determining support
- assistance with financial projections on divorce
- and more…
Please contact us if you have a request for a service not mentioned on our website.