How to request a pension valuation
In order to have a pension valued you will need to follow these four steps:
- Download and print the pension questionnaire and the authorization form.
- Complete the questionnaire and the authorization form. The authorization usually needs to be completed by the plan member (in some cases the authorization can be signed by the spouse). The questionnaire is fairly brief and the authorization form will allow us to contact the pension plan administrator to get any pension plan information that we need in order to do the valuation.
- Please send us the completed forms. Please note that it is very helpful if you also provide a copy of the annual pension statement closest to the date of separation and a copy of the pension plan booklet or plan text if it is not available on the internet. You can send us the completed forms by mail, email (a scanned copy) or by fax.
Click here for our contact information.
- If you are mailing the completed forms, please call us toll free or email us to let us know that you are sending the forms by mail.
How to request an income tax adjustment for pension assets
If you require us to determine an appropriate adjustment to retirement assets, please send us all of the information that you have with respect to the following (i.e. statements, option forms):
- birth date
- the value of RRSP/locked-in retirement accounts at the date of separation
- the amount of any contributions that were being made to RRSPs at the date of separation (so that we can project the retirement accounts to retirement)
- any option statements or termination statements that provide details about payments from prior pension plans or severance payments that were deposited into the RRSP or locked-in retirement account (if applicable)
- information regarding any other anticipated retirement income
You can send this information by fax, email (scanned copy), or mail. If you are mailing the completed forms, please call us toll free or email us to let us know that you are sending the forms by mail.
If you have a request for a service not mentioned above please contact us.